Hi guys! I haven’t blogged in like…um…way too long so I thought i’d give some updates! I’m *really* going to start trying to start getting a few posts up per week, but… I can’t make any promises
Anyways, I have been working on some exciting new stuff in terms of blogging/personal training and I have been brainstorming ways to combine the two. Stay tuned!
I don’t know about you guys, but I have been seeing a lot of diet-focused, pyramid-scheme type of companies becoming popular lately on Facebook, Instagram, various blogs, etc.
i.e. Drink this shake/meal replacement bar/juice/powder/pill instead of a meal every day and lose weight!
I’m sure you have seen them before (one of the major ones rhymes with shmakeshmology) or maybe you’ve even bought/sold them yourself. No judgement- I get it. These promises are alluring, and many people want a “quick fix”.
My problem with these products (aside from the fact that these are products and not food) is that although they may work in the short term, there will most likely come a time when you will no longer be using the shakes/pills/etc…
and what happens then?
More than likely, any weight loss that was achieved, will be regained (maybe more).
Also, your body systems will have down-regulated during this time in order to function on a lower amount of calories —> in turn slowing metabolism and making weight gain much easier when we return to eating regular food.
Gimmicks like these are not sustainable for the long haul because they focus far too much on calories/macronutrients, and most importantly…
THEY. AREN’T. FOOD.
Health encompasses so much more than calories in(what you eat) vs. calories out (what you burn). Feed your body with ingredients that it recognizes, and there will be no need to carefully monitor every bite eaten and every calorie burned.
This is the message that I am passionate about getting across to people, and has been on my mind for the last few months. Working in a bikini store has really opened my eyes to how prominent body-hate is, and how rampant insecurities are.
It is possible to get healthy and feel good about ourselves without depending on a juice fast or meal replacement program. <<<Read more about my fitness/nutrition philosophy here!>>>
This graphic contains symptoms that almost every single person has experienced at one time, myself included.
Do any of these sound familiar?
What if I told you that every single one of these symptoms could be improved and/or reversed with proper nutrition, fitness/movement and lifestyle modifications?
I have put together a 3 different options for anyone who might be looking to get fit, feel awesome, and even improve chronic health problems in a natural way. The best part?
Every plan is 100% customized for YOU! No one-size-fits-all workout regimens or nutrition plans here
Who is the 1 week reset for?
You have a general idea of what kinds of foods work for you, but simply need one week’s worth of meal ideas and a new workout routine to kick-start your health goals.
Who is the 1 month plan for?
- You currently feel confused about what is healthy, or what type of nutrition plan would be best for your needs.
- You feel unmotivated and out of ideas in the gym
- You lack energy and/or have a specific health concern that you would like to correct with nutrition/lifestyle changes before turning to conventional medicine/ prescriptions
- You feel hungry all the time, or out of control with your cravings and/ or food choices
- You need Meal ideas, accountability, and a new workout routine for the month
Who is the 3 month plan for?
- You are serious about making changes in your health!
- You have a lot of questions about nutrition, and would like a structured plan to fit your specific goals/energy needs
- You need a progressive workout plan that will allow you to reach your fitness goals in the next 3 months
- You have 1 or more specific health concern that you would like to correct through nutrition/lifestyle before turning to conventional medicine/ prescriptions.
- You need meal ideas and accountability
- You would like to improve your relationship with food
- You want a sustainable nutrition/fitness plan for life, not a quick fix
Each plan is 100% personalized and done via email and text/phone call. All 3 are a great starting point, depending on your goals. Every plan is meant to help kick-start your health goals AND be sustainable long-term. After your 1 week, 1 month, or 3 month plan is complete, I will offer discounted prices on individual services off of the A La Carte menu as shown below ; or contact me if you would like to start with one of the A La Carte options
If you are interested in making changes in your health, but aren’t sure which plan would be best for you, i’d love to talk to you! Or, if you have any questions about any of the plans, pricing, what is included, etc. please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.